is seeking a VDI administrator to support our government client. The Candidate will provide system administrative functions to a VMware Horizon Desktop based Desktop as a Service (DaaS) production system. This includes planning, analysis, troubleshooting, integration, installation, operations and maintenance of the VDI environment.
Active DoD Secret Security Clearance Required
- Provide analysis, administration and support of thin clients, virtual and physical desktops.
- Maintain desktop image repository.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for VDI Environment
- Provide physical/virtual machine management services for the virtual desktop solution (in coordination with other operational entities).
- Maintain server equipment operation and connectivity, backup and restoration, and physical and virtual machine support services
- Perform management and maintenance of VMWare software
- Prepare technical performance and utilization reports as required
- Maintain management and maintenance of Nutanix servers or approved hardware cluster and network devices (in conjunction with the networks team).
- Maintain management and maintenance of DaaS servers to include patching and monitoring.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with security policies and procedures
- Coordinate and perform Virtual Desktop and infrastructure maintenance activities
- Possess and apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Operate with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Formulate/define system scope and objectives.
- Assist in the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing applications.
- Work with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure system designs meet business requirements
- Evaluate new and existing software products.
- Must have some experience with Virtual Desktop Administration preferably using VMware Horizon View
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Bachelor's degree with 2 – 4 years of experience, additional experience may be substituted for degree
- Must be DoD 8570 compliant
For more information about GCyber please visit our website at http://www.gcyber.com
. Also please stay in touch and track future job openings by following us on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/gcyber
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that GCyber may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its partners and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
GCyber is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identify, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.