GCyber is searching for a Linux Administrator to support an innovative Department of Defense program in Arlington, VA. You will be part of a team responsible for managing and supporting the Linux infrastructure, operating systems, virtual platforms, and applications.
This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance.
What you will do:
- Provide technical support to Netapps and servers running XFS, NFS, CIFS as well as the infrastructure’s backup systems.
- Ensure the current security patches and bug fixes are current or implemented.
- Supports disaster recovery planning, testing, and execution.
- Automate installation methods and system imaging (i.e., Ansible).
- Collaborate with engineers on the use of workstations and servers to resolve their identified access or connectivity issues.
- Design, build, configure, and deploy systems and servers to work within an enterprise data infrastructure containing custom designed software and scripts.
- Possess TS/SCI clearance
- Possesses 8570 IAT Level II (i.e., CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE) certification;
- Strong understanding of RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6 required and RedHat 7 preferred
- Editing and creating SELinux policy modules
- Configure and maintain identity and authentication solution like IPA
- Experience with automation solutions like Puppet or Ansible
- Strong network security background with IP tables, static routing, TCP dump, TCP IP stack
- Experience with Patch systems using Yum, Spacewalk and/or Satellite servers
- Understanding of file and user permissions, and software installations
- Strong skills in file manipulation using VI or VIM
- Problem management and troubleshooting experience
- Experience in one of the following languages required: Python, Bash, or Ruby preferred
- Possesses Department of Defense experience, security guidelines and policies (DISA STIGS)
- AWS experience desired
- Familiarity with PKI and RSA also desired
For more information about GCyber please visit our website at http://www.gcyber.com. Also please stay in touch and track future job openings by following us on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/gcyber.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that GCyber may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its partners and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
GCyber is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identify, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.