GCyber is currently seeking a Network Administrator to support a Department of Defense customer in Arlington, VA. As the Network Administrator, you will support the administration and sustainment of the DISA Joint Service Provider (JSP) enterprise network.
**This position requires an active DoD Secret clearance**
What You Will Do:
- Configure routers and switches, and firewalls for LAN and WAN systems and VPN concentrators with appropriate network engineering and communications protocols.
- Perform maintenance and upgrade of networks including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, remote access systems, and networks.
- Maintains network integrity and connectivity while ensuring compliance with policies and maintains system backup and recovery capability.
- Monitor the network utilizing industry leading technologies (e.g., Netcool, Sciencelogic)
- Analyze customer requests and provide technical recommendations
- Identity and provide recommendations for innovative methods and technical solutions to improve network performance.
- Coordinate LAN/WAN hardware/software improvements and/or enhancements.
- Support planning, testing, and implementation of network enhancements
- Coordinate the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- Creates plans and configures systems for data communication networks.
- Evaluates new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
Required Education, Certifications, and Experience:
- Active Secret security clearance
- 5+ years of experience in network administration
- Bachelors Degree in a related field, OR work experience in lieu of degree
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II or certification (e.g., Security+, CCNA Security, CySA+, GISCP, GSEC, CND, SSCP)
- One of the following Networking Certifications: Brocade, Cisco (CCNA, CCNP), Juniper (JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP), Aruba (ACSA, ACSP)
- hands-on experience/knowledge with Aruba networking technologies
- Due to the nature of the work, all work must be performed onsite. There is no opportunity for hybrid or remote work.
For more information about GCyber please visit our website at https://www.gcyber.com.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that GCyber may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its partners and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
GCyber is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identify, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.