GCyber is seeking a System Administrator to support Network Enterprise Performance Management (EMS) systems for a DoD customer in Arlington, VA.
***DOD TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE***
In this role, a typical day will include:
- Assist with development, implementation, and execute standard procedures for the administration, backup, disaster recovery, and operation of the EMS tools including operating system security hardening, backup management, capacity planning, change management, version/patch management, and lifecycle upgrade management.
- Configure network tools to provide up-to-date operational and performance status of Pentagon networks and devices.
- Support actions and activities on Solaris, Linux, and Windows operating systems as needed.
- Interface with IT Operations staff to adapt network tool capabilities to meet operational requirements.
- Tune network tools performance and event data quality to maximize network system efficiency.
- Assist with analysis using network and other tools to detect and respond to network infrastructure events, incidents, and outages.
- Assist with the development of network tool configurations to meet analyst correlation requirements as well as performing event quality maintenance tasks.
- Perform systems hardening to DoD Standards. Support tasks required to apply vendor patches and new designs to keep products up-to-date and meet security requirements.
- Maintain up to date documentation of designs/configurations.
- Create scripts to facilitate automated tasks.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Active Top-Secret Clearance
- 8570 IAT II Compliant (i.e., active Security+ CE Certification or higher at time of hire)
- 2+ years of directly related experience in network management and design
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience
- Candidates should have familiarity and/or experience with:
- Cisco, Juniper, Aruba, Arista and/or BigIP
- TACACS, Radius (ACS / ISE)
- SNMP, Syslog, ACL’s, VLAN, Routing and Switching.
- Linux / Unix scripting (shell, bash, perl, expect)