GCyber is currently seeking a Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) Engineer to support a Department of Defense customer in Arlington, VA. As the RCDD Engineer you will be responsible for maintaining the Inside Plant cable infrastructure.
**This position requires an active DoD Secret clearance**
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for maintaining the Inside Plant cable infrastructure to include conduit, cable trays, copper, coax, fiber and all associated elements in the Pentagon, Mark Center, & buildings within the NCR supported by JSP
- Must follow JSP and commercial best practice procedures, standards and/or provide Engineering Installation Plans (EIPs) required for installation of cable racks, wiring of the racks and testing required during installation.
- Operations and maintenance support to include an ISP Registered Communications Distribution
- Designers (RCDD) to support the maintenance and clean-up of 1800 or more Telecommunication rooms at the Pentagon, Mark Center and NCR, and outlying buildings under JSP Operations purview, to include on site surveys, weekly reports denoting survey results (except in extenuating circumstances), developing maintenance plans for corrections and ensuring EIA/TIA 568A & 568B and other applicable standards are upheld.
- Responsible for performing 24/7/365 break/fix on all Inside Plant cable infrastructure under JSP purview.
Required Education, Certifications, and Experience:
- BA/BS in related field (or equivalent experience)
- Active 8570 IAT II certification (https://public.cyber.mil/cw/cwmp/dod-approved-8570-baseline-certifications/)
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) certification.
- Minimum 10 years developing layout and design for technology systems including voice, data, and structured cabling.
- Must be well versed in BICSI rules, regulations, and standards.
- Knowledge of NEC, IEEE, EIA, TIA, industry standards and other applicable codes related to the design and layout of IT, low voltage, and telecommunications systems.
- Strong knowledge of Structured Cabling Systems from an installation and basic design perspective.
- Candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively to personnel of various expertise levels.
For more information about GCyber please visit our website at http://www.gcyber.com.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that GCyber may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its partners and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
GCyber is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identify, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.