GCyber is currently seeking a F5 Administrator to support a Department of Defense customer in Arlington, VA. You will be responsible for managing network policy, configuration, and troubleshooting in support of the enterprise F5 Load Balancers. Primary duties include supporting the load balancing network and application requirements, collaborating with government and third-party stakeholders, coordinating with internal support teams, and reporting status to technical management and leadership.
**This position requires an active DoD Secret clearance**
What You Will Do:
- Provide architecture/engineering expertise for new load balancer implementations, cloud environment integrations, project designs, and standards development, as well as onboarding new tenants
- Provide load balancing administration/support for intelligent DNS routing between enterprise locations/data centers, as well as plan and implement upgrades (includes installation of new equipment)
- Implement approved authentication and certificate management controls
- Use caching (static html content) for the enterprise infrastructure environment (hardware, software, and configuration components) and supported tenants
- Support deployment options
- Configure self IPs, port lockdown, and network routes
- Configure remote logging to Splunk
- Adhere to change management processes and procedures
- Troubleshoot, configure, upgrade, maintain, and monitor the load balancer network architecture (performance, configurations, traffic flow, application monitoring, CPU capacity/utilization)Analyze network alarms and identify sources
- Coordinate with on-site support personnel while troubleshooting
- Use enterprise service management tools to initiate, respond, and track service requests
- Create reports and analyze performance metrics
- Develop processes/procedures and related engineering documentation for troubleshooting and quickly identifying issues
- Perform reach back to OEM Vendors to de-conflict operational issues with known operating system bugs and security alerts
- Partner with the information security personnel to assess potential exposure to vulnerabilities, identify mitigation plans, and ensure compliance with enterprise security baselines and standards
- Evaluate modern technologies to optimize network efficiency and review/provide recommendations to improve the load balancing solution
- Inform management in a clear, concise, and timely manner of any customer or technical issues
- Be responsive and decisive on adjusting architecture as customer requirements and technology evolves
- Participate in special projects as required.
Required Education, Certifications, and Experience:
- Experience with F5 load balancers to include troubleshooting, configuring, upgrading, maintaining, and monitoring an enterprise F5 load balancer network architecture (F5 Network certification a plus)
- Broad understanding of network infrastructure topologies, security policies, firewalls, and the L2/L3 switch and router infrastructure
- Experience deploying, managing, and troubleshooting network systems, switching, and routing protocol standards such as: TCP/IP, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, SDN, and 802.1x.
- Experience managing and troubleshooting DNS, DHCP, IPAM, and NTP in a large multi-site environment
- Experience using network management and analysis tools such as SNMP probes, network taps, and traffic analyzers
- Experience with Network Management & Performance platforms, such as NetScout, IBM NetCool, SolarWinds NMS products, NetBrain, Infovista, Cisco Prime, Junos Space
- Functional understanding of diverse set of networked applications and terms requiring application traffic management solutions, including HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, FTP, DNS, NTP, NAT, and others
For more information about GCyber please visit our website at http://www.gcyber.com.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that GCyber may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its partners and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
GCyber is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identify, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.