GCyber is currently seeking a Senior Network Automation Engineer to support a Department of Defense customer in Arlington, VA. As the Senior Network Automation Engineer, you will support the modernization and automation of the customer’s network infrastructure to a software defined networking platform. A thorough understanding of SDN, switching, and routing, and Ansible scripting.
**This position requires an active DoD Top Secret clearance**
What You Will Do:
- Act as the primary network automation engineer to deploy, install, and configure Arista and Juniper network devices for a large network modernization effort
- Utilize programming/scripting languages and automation frameworks and technologies (e.g., Python, YUM, R, Ansible) knowledge and experience to develop and execute custom configuration scripts
- Leverage Aruba Airwave for network management
- Provide Technical leadership and guidance to junior network administrators
- Manage relationships with various network and automation technology product vendors currently in use in the JSP enterprise network
- Ensure compliance with departmental and enterprise security configuration standards
- Perform network device upgrades and act as escalation point for troubleshooting activities
- Manage all projects in GitLab
Required Education, Certifications, and Experience:
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Active 8570 IAT II certification (https://public.cyber.mil/cw/cwmp/dod-approved-8570-baseline-certifications/)
- 5+ years of IT experience, including specific experience supporting software defined network architectures
- Strong Python programing capabilities; Ansible experience preferred
- Specific experience with Aruba (3810M or similar), Arista, Juniper, or Cisco switches and routers
- Basic network capabilities (DHCP, ARP, DNS, VLANs etc.); VXLAN and EVPN experience strongly desired
- Basic Linux server administration capabilities; scripting experience required
- 802.1x knowledge and experience desired
For more information about GCyber please visit our website at http://www.gcyber.com.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that GCyber may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its partners and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
GCyber is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identify, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.