is an information technology services company that was founded to create innovative forward-leaning solutions to enhance the capabilities of our customers. GCyber engineers have satisfied the technology needs of the U.S. Government for over 20 years. We maintain relationships with key researchers, scholars, and analysts who have specialized expertise in the federal market. GCyber’s broad experience, focus toward desired outcomes, and commitment to innovation ensures responsive and long-lasting results.
As a Service Desk Support Technician
(Desktop Support Technician II), you will provide Tier 1 support for escalated hardware, network and/or software issues by end-users for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Joint Service Provider (JSP) in the National Capital Region (NCR). You will support user and incident requests utilizing existing procedures to monitor, track and resolve work orders in a timely manner.
- Answering helpdesk calls, and responding to voicemails in a timely manner
- Greeting customers and assisting in creating and updating IT support tickets (Remedy) per defined service-level agreements
- Evaluating, prioritizing, solving, and escalating all tickets to the appropriate Tier Support, and/or correcting the assignment of tickets as required
- Maintaining ownership of service tickets throughout the life span of the support request
- Assigning ticket severity by walking customers through a series of troubleshooting steps to determine the severity and nature of reported IT problems
- Updating and maintaining service work notes
- Establishing a high level of personal credibility and building strong relationships
- Consulting with immediate supervisor or higher-level IT specialists on possible solutions
- Coordinating with technicians to provide status updates to outstanding tickets
- Collaborating and following up with technicians to resolve requests, and provide status updates on outstanding support tickets
- Providing updates, status, and completion information to management
- Following-up with users/customers to ensure resolution of issues, closing tickets only when the resolution to the issue has been reached, to the satisfaction of the user/customer.
- Participating in workshops, seminars, or other events as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Government, contract or supervisors in coordination with the SLA’s.
- Clearance (required at performance start date): active Secret security clearance
- Associates degree in a related Information Technology field with at least four (4) years of professional experience supporting PC hardware and software systems. Additional work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Current Information Assurance (IA) certification (required at performance start date): IAT II (Securit +, CAP, CASP CE, CISM, CISSP [or Associate], GSLC) or higher.
- Current Computing Environment (CE) certification (required at performance start date): Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Novell Certified Novell Engineer (CNE), or similar vendor cetrification in the technologies commonly leveraged in this role
This position requires the candidate to actively hold a DoD Secret security clearance.
- ITIL v3 Foundations AND HDI Desktop Support Technician or A+ related certifications relevant to service desk support
- Hands-on experience working with BMC Remedy ticket systems
- Prior work experience in a fast-paced DoD environment
For more information about GCyber please visit our website at http://www.gcyber.com. Also please stay in touch and track future job openings by following us on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/gcyber.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that GCyber may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its partners and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
GCyber is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identify, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.