is an information technology services company that was founded to create innovative forward-leaning solutions to enhance the capabilities of our customers. GCyber engineers have satisfied the technology needs of the U.S. Government for over 20 years. We maintain relationships with key researchers, scholars, and analysts who have specialized expertise in the federal market. GCyber’s broad experience, focus toward desired outcomes, and commitment to innovation ensures responsive and long-lasting results.
- Support operational watch and situational awareness requirements for the USCG Cyber Command CSOC
- Provide situational awareness and readiness reporting for the CSOC to the program leadership
- Support coordination and information collection related to incidents, investigations, Task Orders, and other communications within DoD and DHS
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation
- Recognize potential, successful and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
- Maintain IDS signatures and policies
- Be able to modify/add custom IDS policies and signatures to account for lack of monitoring in threat areas as warranted by threat changes, such as zero-day attacks. This includes the use of Sourcefire rules
- Identify misuse, malware or unauthorized activity on monitored networks
- Analyze and solve problems related to network, system, forensic and malware analysis
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results
- Support Continuity of Operations (COOP) and Disaster Recovery (DR) as required
- Ensure documentation is updated and maintained
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies
- Responsible for managing shift personnel to ensure proper coverage, standardized processes, develop and update documentation as required, and reporting
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree plus 7 years of relative working experience
- Experience with security technologies including Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Firewalls & Log Analysis, Security Event and Incident Management (SEIM), Antivirus, Network Packet Analyzers, Security Systems Manager, malware analysis, forensics tools and reverse engineering
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of industry accepted standards and best practices related to incident response operations
- Demonstrated knowledge in information technologies to include computer hardware and software, operating systems, and networking protocols
- Demonstrated excellence in analytical and problem-solving skills
- Current active TS/SCI clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain a CI polygraph
- Shift Hours: Weekday 3 PM -11 PM
- Must be IAT III (CASP+ CE, CCNP-Security, CISA, CISSP (or associate), GCED, GCIH) and CSSP Analyst compliant (CISSP or CASP, and CEH) or be able to obtain it within 30 days of hire
For more information about GCyber please visit our website at http://www.gcyber.com. Also please stay in touch and track future job openings by following us on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/gcyber.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that GCyber may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its partners and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
GCyber is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identify, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.