The G|Cyber team is seeking a talented Linux Administrator to support Linux workstations and servers for the USCG in Alexandria, Virginia.
is an information technology services company that was founded to create innovative forward-leaning solutions to enhance the capabilities of our customers. GCyber engineers have satisfied the technology needs of the U.S. Government for over 20 years. We maintain relationships with key researchers, scholars, and analysts who have specialized expertise in the federal market. GCyber’s broad experience, focus toward desired outcomes, and commitment to innovation ensures responsive and long-lasting results.
As a Linux Administrator, you will be responsible for the following:
- Admin will be responsible for configuration and maintenance of various security tools running in a Linux-based environment to include SIEM, Tenable Nessus, and other security toolsets as needed by the customer.
- Install, configure, and maintain software
- In-depth knowledge and experience with all phases of operating system, hardware, software applications and networking concepts on at least one platform (e.g. Windows) as well as working understanding of these concepts on at least one other platform (e.g. Linux)
- Administer and maintain Linux servers and Linux based appliances
- Ensure systems remain up to date with the latest patches and security updates
- Monitor system performance and health and take proactive action to address any concerns
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise
- Ensure systems are adequately backed up and that sufficient configuration documentation and restoration procedures exist in the event of a failure
- Regularly review event logs
- Perform account management
- Work with projects teams on the implementation of new Linux based systems
- Assist security tools team with the management and operation of security tools (HBSS, ACAS, McAfee Nitro, HP Web Inspect, ForeScout, Splunk, and Tanium), prior knowledge of specific tools not required.
- Assist virtualization team with the configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Linux based VMware hypervisors
- 5 years of system administration experience (Required)
- 3 years Linux administration experience (Required)
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity, Network Administration, or similar field of study (years of experience may be substituted for a degree).
This position requires the candidate to actively hold a DoD Secret security clearance.
- CompTIA Security + (Required)
- CompTIA Linux + (Desired)
For more information about GCyber please visit our website at http://www.gcyber.com. Also please stay in touch and track future job openings by following us on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/gcyber.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that GCyber may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its partners and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
GCyber is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identify, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.