is an information technology services company that was founded to create innovative forward-leaning solutions to enhance the capabilities of our customers. GCyber engineers have satisfied the technology needs of the U.S. Government for over 20 years. We maintain relationships with key researchers, scholars, and analysts who have specialized expertise in the federal market. GCyber’s broad experience, focus toward desired outcomes, and commitment to innovation ensures responsive and long-lasting results.
GCyber is seeking a Senior Support Technician to provide end user support and maintenance within the OMC environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The Senior Support Technician will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required. This opportunity requires business travel occasionally to GTMO for supporting VIP level operations. This is an outstanding opportunity for a true "Jack-of-All Trades" who enjoys supporting senior government officials. This position is open only to candidates with an active TS/SCI security clearance.
Specific duties include:
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades PC boxes, including the installation of CPUs, I/O and NIC cards, hard disks, ribbon cables, hard drives, RAM, memory chips, CD-ROMs, and so on.
- Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding desktop problems via the assignment of trouble tickets.
- Answer to and perform moves, adds, and changes (MAC) requests as they are submitted by end users.
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Accurately document and update all assigned trouble tickets.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC internal components.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. The right candidate must appreciate and exemplify the NetCentrics culture as described by our Core Values.
- Travel: Must be able and willing to travel to customer locations outside the NCR including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba on a recurring basis. Must have a passport prior to start and keep it current during the length of tenure.
- Clearance: Must have an active TS/SCI Clearance
- Years of Experience/Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience plus 2-4 years of desktop support experience
- Certifications: Security+ certification required
As a contingency to employment at GCyber, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a background investigation including criminal history and reference checks.
This position requires the candidate to actively hold a DoD Top Secret security clearance.
For more information about GCyber please visit our website at http://www.gcyber.com. Also please stay in touch and track future job openings by following us on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/gcyber.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that GCyber may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its partners and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
GCyber is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identify, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.