is an information technology services company that was founded to create innovative forward-leaning solutions to enhance the capabilities of our customers. GCyber engineers have satisfied the technology needs of the U.S. Government for over 20 years. We maintain relationships with key researchers, scholars, and analysts who have specialized expertise in the federal market. GCyber’s broad experience, focus toward desired outcomes, and commitment to innovation ensures responsive and long-lasting results.
Candidate will serve as a Tier II Desktop Support Technician providing friendly, expert support to Joint Service Provider (JSP) customers. Candidate will be performing several duties along with other support engineers of all levels. These duties include but not limited to, troubleshooting and resolving IT issues on Windows 7 and 10 and Mac OS running on HP and Apple hardware, performing ticket documentation and quality assurance checks on assigned tickets, provide advanced service support & service delivery functions, following procedures, supporting customer IT needs via remote access, desk-side support, installation of hardware and software, and other IT-related issues. Works as part of a team to ensure tickets are being closed within Acceptable Quality Levels.
- Documents Incident with detailed break-fix steps and resolution in Remedy ticket tracking system.
- Provides advanced Customer Service and Support.
- Communicates with high profile customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Performs installs, upgrades, and configures customer-specific hardware and software.
- Accepts warm transfers from other technicians to continue remote support.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose IT problems on desktop equipment and peripherals, including software and hardware.
- Provides remote and on-site troubleshooting for hardware and software support.
- Troubleshoots and supports Windows operating systems, MAC OS, advanced MS Office product issues, and other IT issues.
- Upgrades software components as required.
- Configures and maintains wireless mobile devices, including but not limited to Blackberries, iPhones and iPads.
- Provides customers with network technical support.
- Instructs customers and support staff in use of equipment and software.
- Possesses the ability to complete multiple simultaneous projects in a timely manner.
- Interfaces with infrastructure, Network Operations, database, and development personnel.
- Clearance (required at performance start date): active Secret security clearance
- Associates degree in a related Information Technology field with at least four (4) years of professional experience supporting PC hardware and software systems. Additional work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Current Information Assurance (IA) certification (required at performance start date): IAT II (Securit +, CAP, CASP CE, CISM, CISSP [or Associate], GSLC) or higher.
- Current Computing Environment (CE) certification (required at performance start date): Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Novell Certified Novell Engineer (CNE), or similar vendor certification in the technologies commonly leveraged in this role
This position requires the candidate to actively hold a DoD Secret security clearance.
- ITIL v3 Foundations AND HDI Desktop Support Technician or A+ related certifications relevant to service desk support
- Hands-on experience working with BMC Remedy ticket systems
- Prior work experience in a fast-paced DoD environment
For more information about GCyber please visit our website at http://www.gcyber.com. Also please stay in touch and track future job openings by following us on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/gcyber.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that GCyber may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its partners and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
GCyber is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identify, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.